Re: Enable UFS2, logging by default in sysinst

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 01:18:48PM +0100, Bernd Ernesti wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 11:58:08AM +0000, Andrew Doran wrote:
> > http://www.netbsd.org/~ad/sysinst.diff
> >
> > Any comments? Please Cc: me, I am not subscribed.
>
> I'm not commenting on the patch itself, but to the functional changes in it.
>
> IMHO only UFS2 should be enabled, keeping logging off by default for
> the moment.
> Wabpl is too new to have it enable by default.

I understand, but at what point would you declare it stable? Bear in mind
that the change applies to -current, not 5.0.

We already know that wapbl is more reliable than softdep, and if we wait as
long as we did for UFS2 to say "yay verily this is good", we'd be shooting
ourselves in the foot by not exploiting a feature that's both useful to
users and useful to the project as a differentiator.

Thanks,
Andrew