Re: let's get small

Orthogonally, there has been some work to get crossbuilding to work
with pkgsrc.  It requires a few kernel mods on the host.  It was the
topic of a pkgsrccon whitepaper a couple of years back.  IIRC the only
targets were ARM, and MIPS.

-=erik.

On 2/27/07, David Young <dyoung%pobox.com@localhost> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 11:22:09PM -0800, Erik Berls wrote:
> I don't think the goal was to move them out of base.  I think what's
> wanted is them to have a smaller footprint.  This functionality is
> needed in small systems.  Tho, hardware is catching up.  In some
> places we've got 32M of system RAM!
>
> -=erik.

Erik,

Right.  I need most of the functions I mention, and I need to cross-build
them.

Dave