Re: Performance experiences with WRAP Boards?

On Wednesday 19 April 2006 19:53, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've nearly decided to get myself a WRAP board to replace my current
> router.
>
> I was told that the CPU power should be more than enough for the intended
> applications pppoe, nat and ipf as well as dnscache, ntpd and irssi with
> proxy and perl support. But I'd like to hear some hands-on experience from
> users with simmilar sets of applications. Any comments?
>
> Bye, Chris

Hi,

not exactly what you are asking, but I run a WRAP with pfsense (FreeBSD) for
LAN, WAN, DMZ. Nothing big - but it works nice, out of the box.
I have _no_ experience with NetBSD (should at least take a look at it ...) but
it should work nice.

I compared WRAP(266MHz, 64MB) with an old PII Box (400 MHz, 256MB), both with
m0n0wall and pfsense:
WRAP is slower  with its Web Interface, but in terms of firewalling I can't
see a real difference.

My Network traffic: less than 10 GB/Month

hope it helps a bit
--
mit freundlichen Güßen

Richard Kästner