Re: m0n0wall on NetBSD for SoC?

Hello David,

On 19.04.06, you wrote:

> Last I checked, m0n0wall was heavyweight (i.e., not very suitable for
> embedded systems), owing (I believe) to its using PHP.

Well, they supply ready-made images for WRAP and Soekris boards as well as
for PCs. These are about 4 MB in size. Perhaps you have the fork pfSense in
mind? This is intended for systems with more power, however they also offer
an "Embedded Edition".

I have to admit that I tried neither of them as I canceled the router
project and my personal router has different requirements.

> Anyway, I can work with you to develop specs for either TAL extensions
> to ClearSilver, or a configuration manager.

The configuration manager sounds interesting, a NetBSD-m0n0wall probably
isn't such a valuable project anyway.

Could you elaborate on the idea and mention areas of experience that would
be useful to have?

Bye, Chris