Re: Looking for a dual LAN board

I acquired one of these boards a few months ago along with the chassis
and power supply (that all neatly fit together). I got the 300MHz model
with the dual Intel ethernet controllers, 128MB of RAM and I fitted a
2.5" laptop hard drive in it (it fits pretty good in the chassis
that the board is in).

Aside from the whole thing running me about USD$550, it runs NetBSD like
a champ. I use it for portable storage between the office and my home.
With it running NFS and Samba, I can connect to it with my Linux, BSD,
Solaris and NT boxes.

The performance is pretty good and someone would have to pry it from
my cold dead fingers to get it away from me.

Check the board out here:
http://www.advantech.com/products/PCM-5823.asp

Cheers,
Jim DeLisle