Regional-london archive

Re: Meet Thursday 31st?

David Laight said on 26/1/08 20:42:
On Sat, Jan 26, 2008 at 08:29:54PM +0000, Chris Wareham wrote:
If it's going to be central London rather than the usual place, then I
can recommend Throgmorton's. It's near Liverpool St, Bank and Moorgate
stations:

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/28/28551/Throgmortons/Bank

Despite being slap bang in the middle of the City, the high finance
crowd don't seem to know it exists and the beer selection is fantastic.
And I'd ignore the review from last Autumn that mentions disco music and
acquisition by a chain, as it was still the same as it's always been
when I went seven or eight weeks ago (no music, comfy seating, etc).

Actually 'City' pubs tend to be quiet in the evenings ....

        David

That wasn't my experience when I worked there, especially on a Friday
night! What amazed me most though was the amount that some of the
traders would drink at lunch - if I did that I couldn't concentrate all
afternoon, and I wasn't handling multi million pound transactions ...

Chris