Regional-jp archive

Re: Kobe/Japan in October

In message <>
        on Mon, 5 Oct 2009 21:33:29 +0200,
        Matthias Drochner <> wrote:
> said:
>> Have you decided your schedule??
> Yes -- I'll arrive at Kobe on Oct 10 and leave on Oct 19.
> Will stay in the "Portopia" hotel on Port Island until
> Oct 17; for the last 2 nights I didn't book anything yet.
Is it mean 16 and 17?

> I hope I can arrange something when I'm there, depending
> on opportunities for tourism or meeting people.
10, 11, 12 and 17 may be good candicate since these days are
holiday in Japan.

> Did I get it right that you (and some more people) are
> located in Osaka? I was told there is a good ferry service
> from port island.
Osaka is good place to get together.  I'll call to members of K*BUG
(Kansi *BSD user's group).

I'm unfamilliar with ferry services and it is sure that there is a
ferry service from Portopia to Osaka.  But that "Osaka" means KIX
(Kansai International Airport) and it is hard to reach Osaka-city.

Best regards.

Takahiro Kambe <>