Re: Dom0 bad network performance

Hello,

Am 14.02.21 um 21:47 schrieb Matthias Petermann:
That sounds like a good plan. However, I can't manage to turn off the two drivers at boot time. When I add the last two lines to my boot.cfg:

```
menu=Boot Xen Test0:load /netbsd-XEN3_DOM0.gz console=pc;multiboot /xen.gz
menu=Boot Xen Test1:load /netbsd-XEN3_DOM0.gz console=pc;multiboot /xen.gz dom0_mem=512M dom0_max_vcpus=1 dom0_vcpus_pin console=vga menu=Boot Xen Test2:load /netbsd10-XEN3_DOM0.gz console=com1;multiboot /xen.gz dom0_mem=4096M
menu=Boot normally:rndseed /var/db/entropy-file;boot
menu=Boot single user:rndseed /var/db/entropy-file;boot -s
menu=Drop to boot prompt:prompt
default=1
timeout=5
clear=1
userconf=disable sdhc*
userconf=disable ichsmb*
```

I get the following message at boot time:

```
heap full (0x6fa80+32768)
```

Any ideas what is wrong here?

I'll answer myself right away :-) I built a custom kernel without the two drivers as a workaround for the boot.cfg problem. Intrctrl now shows that re0 is exclusively assigned to pin18. Unfortunately there is no change, the bandwidth is identical to the previous test. What are the subsystems involved that still matter when testing against localhost (i.e. loopback without actually involving the hardware)? I would like to check those once by the exclusion principle.

Kind regards
Matthias