Towards PVHVM, PVH and SMP dom0

Hi list,

I wanted to update you on my project goals and updates.

I'm sponsored by the NetBSD foundation to get NetBSD/Xen to the
following capabilities:

PVHVM
PVH
dom0 SMP

These goals are aimed for functional completion by the end of November.

In order to reach these goals, I've first been working on reworking in
the interrupt path, so that it looks as close to the native interrupt
path as possible. Once this is in place, we'd be able to pull in the
OpenBSD PVHVM stuff much more easily, without losing our PV
capabilities.

Further, once we achieve PVH on the dom0, we'll get SMP and drm graphics
capabilities for free.

I will update you on Fridays going forward as to how I'm doing. For the
rest of the week, I'll be focussing on introducing usage of the xen_pic
abstraction and unifying the vector.S entry path for XEN PV (dom0 and
domU).

As I have limited hardware on which to test patches, what would be
really useful is for people with real hardware to help out with testing
patches. And to run their machines on -current so that the code gets
tested well during the development cycle.

Looking forward.
--
~cherry