Re: Trouble getting xbd devices to work

On Aug 25,  5:24pm, Martin Husemann wrote:
} On Sat, Aug 25, 2018 at 07:59:58AM -0700, John Nemeth wrote:
} >      Nothing is coming to mind, but make sure that the contents of
} > /usr/pkg/etc/xen/scripts is up to date.  It should been updated
} > when you installed xentools, but you may want to grab a new copy
} > from /usr/pkg/share/examples/xen/scripts.
}
} They are all identical (I think I never had xentools installed before).
}
} I notice a strang message in the dom0 at startup:
}
} TDB: tdb_open_ex: could not open file /var/run/xenstored/tdb: No such file or directory

     This can be ignored.  The file will be created if it doesn't
exist.  It's mostly a warning and the code should probably be
changed to only print this message in a debug/verbose mode.  But,
that is something that upstream should do.

} but when I look there later, it exists. And:
}
} WARNING: Failed to open connection to gnttab

     This can be ignored.  It seems that we don't have code for
modern gnttab.  It doesn't seem to hurt anything, but we should
probably fix it some day.

} [  10.9800215] balloon0 at xenbus0 id 0: Xen Balloon driver
} [  10.9800215] balloon0: current reservation: 524288 KiB
} Setting domain 0 name, domid and JSON config...
} Done setting up Dom0

     Normal output.

} /etc/rc.d/xendomains exited with code 1

     Looks like you can just add 'xendomains=""' to /etc/rc.conf.
The script starts with:

        [ -n "$xendomains" ] || return

We should probably change it not to bomb if $xendomains isn't set.

}-- End of excerpt from Martin Husemann