Re: Dom0 starvs DomU

Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> writes:

  This did give me an idea, and I think I found a bug in the xbd backend.
  It looks like the kernel thread is created with the wrong priority.
  Could you try the attached patch ?

  I could reproduce the problem creating a small loop around a syscall in dom0,
  and the attached patch fixes the issue for me.

I put NetBSD 7-STABLE on a system (AMD K10 Thuban w 32 GiB RAM, high-end
SSD), pulled in 7-STABLE sources, applied your patch, built XEN3_DOM0,
and copied the newly compiled ./netbsd to /netbsd-XEN3_DOM0.

Before your patch, a ssh to a DomU on the system would time out every
time before I got in, if Dom0 is loaded by a compile.  With the patch, I
can log into a DomU with less than 1 s of delay.  It is even possible to
do an "ls -R /" without hangs...

Thanks, this should allow me to use a NetBSD Dom0!

--
Torbjörn
Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622