Re: Dom0 starvs DomU

Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> writes:

  xen provides fair sharing of cpu among dom0 and domU because it controls
  CPU.  For disk, it's more complicated, because operations are forwarded
  to the dom0 to be actually done.   It seems that the fair-sharing of
  disk among domUs is working.

Do Dom0's disk own operations go via Xen?

  So I wonder how the domU ops that arrive in dom0 share with the native
  dom0, and I think that's entirely a netbsd issue, not a xen issue.

  What is your kern.bufq.strategies?

-bash-4.3# sysctl kern.bufq.strategies
kern.bufq.strategies = disksort fcfs priocscan

  Do you perceive reasonable fair-sharing in the dom0 across processes?

I haven't scrutinized that, but as far as I can tell it works perfectly.

--
Torbjörn
Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622