what builds and what doesn't - worse than I expected

The HOWTO is out of date, and I wanted to make sure the right thing was
recommended.   My take is that the right recommendation now is

   xen: 4.1
   dom0: NetBSD 6 stable, amd64

except that maybe it should be 4.2.   I looked at package building
status for kernels and tools, with the first two columns being doing
builds from 2014Q1 on my machines, and the second two being the official
bulk builds.

So I think we have a significant problem.   Part of it is that gcc 4.5
is much fussier than 4.1, and has an internal error on some of the qemu
stuff.  There are some other random errors.

It would be really nice to get things working better for the next branch
(6/15ish).  Specifically:

  xentools41 and xentools42 building reliably

  xen 2.0 is going to be deleted (so far no objections)

  what about xen 3.3?  I expect people are still using it, even though
  I'm not sure of any reasons not to move to 4.1 or 4.2.

  any hope of PCI passthrough on 4.1/4.2?

  any hope of NetBSD dom0 MP?

  does NetBSD domU MP really work?

all builds i386 (I know amd64 should be checked/used)
 package        netbsd-5  netbsd-6  2014Q1-5  2014Q1-6
 xenkernel20    X         X         X         X
 xenkernel3     X
 xenkernel33    X         X
 xenkernel41    X         X         X         X
 xenkernel42    X         X         X         X
 xentools20
 xentools3      X         X
 xentools3-hvm  X         X
 xentools33
 xentools41
 xentools42     X                   X         X