Re: Xen console detection/selection

On 4/28/14, 1:14 PM, Erik Fair wrote:

On Apr 28, 2014, at 12:37 , david l goodrich <dlg%dsrw.org@localhost> wrote:

Your menu name - "Boot Xen (vga) and  "console=com0" are
contradictory.  If you'd really like the dom0 output going to
VGA, use 'console=pc' instead.

What I'd really like is to see Xen Hypervisor console output on the screen. Or
is there simply none at all?

        Erik <fair%netbsd.org@localhost>

IANAE, but in our case, we're on Dell PE-III hardware... The BIOS refers to the DRAC serial as com2, Xen addresses it as com1 and NetBSD as com2. With the /boot.cfg entry below, we get both the Xen and NetBSD dmesg via the emulated serial port.

menu=Boot Xen / NetBSD dom0:load /netbsd-XEN3_DOM0+AGR+VLAN+NMBCLUSTERS.gz console=com1;multiboot /xen.gz acpi=off dom0_mem=256M console=com2 com2=9600,8n1

HTH,

Mike.