Re: Reboot on *DOM0* while/after installing GPLPV drivers

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 09:16:21PM +0000, John Hayward wrote:
> [...]
> To Thor and Manuel - I might have some time over the break to look at support
> of gso - I don't know anything about gso (yet) could either of you point me
> to what would be the best reference as to what needs to be done and pointers
> to where in the code things might need to be addressed?

That's not so easy.
First you'd need to learn what TSO is and how it works.  All I know
  about it is that TSO means "TCP segmentation offload".
Then you'd need to find how the frontend implements it and pass it to
  the backend. This should tell you how the backend can receive it
  as well.
Then you'll need to design how the bridge can get it and pass it to another
  ethernet device, or emulate it if the target ethernet device can't
  handle it.
This last step will probably need to look at various places in the kernel
(TCP stack, ethernet device drivers, the if_bridge.c itself, etc ...)