Re: Reboot on *DOM0* while/after installing GPLPV drivers

On 12/12/13 18:31, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 06:07:14PM +0000, Mike C. wrote:
>> I've been working with James Harper (the gplpv drivers dev) on this, or
>> better... he's been doing all the work!
>>
>> We are still testing but It seems that he pretty much solved the problem!
>>
>> Quoting his words:
>> "Looking in the backend source, netbsd definitely doesn't know about or
>> advertise support for gso, so it's a bug in my drivers that it is
>> enabled when the "feature-gso-tcpv4" doesn't even exist. Should be easy
>> to fix."
>>
>> I found a similar problem with FreeBSD-10 Domu's, seems that the PV
>> drivers also expect TSO/GSO features are there, but they might not be,
>> depending on the Dom0 support.
>>
>> I wonder though, and sorry if I'm about to say something ridiculous...
>> but could NetBSD Xen backhend be modified to advertise this? IIRC NetBSD
>> supports TSO right?
> For some ethernet adapters.
> Il would require a lot of work to support it on the domU site:
> support at the bridge level, and then emulate it if the ethernet adapter
> doesn't support it.

But the DomUs already support this (FreeBSD, Windows, Some Linux)... And
its supported in the Linux Dom0's too, such has Debian...
Same thing with Jumbo Frames...

The mains difference is the bridge.... its a different implementation in
NetBSD ofc... Linux supports a few more features...

Anyway I do understand this things take time, but I also would like to
know if there will be any changes in NetBSD regarding this (in some near
future) or is this something that will never happen?