Re: Reboot on *DOM0* while/after installing GPLPV drivers

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 01:23:45PM +0100, Mike C. wrote:
> For the working FreeBSD guest:
>
>  vif = ""
>      0 = ""
>       backend = "/local/domain/0/backend/vif/35/0"
>       backend-id = "0"
>       state = "1"
>       handle = "0"
>       mac = "00:16:3e:04:a5:87"
>
> For the Windows Guest:
>     vif = ""
>      0 = ""
>       backend = "/local/domain/0/backend/vif/1/0"
>       backend-id = "0"
>       state = "4"
>       handle = "0"
>       mac = "00:16:3e:52:3e:cf"
>       tx-ring-ref = "771"

I guess it's the opposite:
vif/35/0 is in state 1 "XenbusStateInitialising", while vif/1/0
is in state 4 "XenbusStateConnected". A vif in state 1 can't be working.

The backend states are also interesting:
     35 = ""
      0 = ""
       frontend = "/local/domain/35/device/vif/0"
       frontend-id = "35"
       online = "1"
       state = "2"
       script = "/etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridge"
       mac = "00:16:3e:04:a5:87"
       bridge = "bridge0"
       handle = "0"
       type = "vif_ioemu"
       vifname = "xvif35i0"
       feature-rx-copy = "1"
       feature-rx-flip = "1"
       hotplug-status = "connected"

So xenbackendd and vif script did do their job, as hotplug-status is
"connected". But the backed is stuck to state 2 "XenbusStateInitWait".

When the backend is in XenbusStateInitWait, the frontend is supposed
to continue setup. This includes writing to the xenstore's frontend
area entries "tx-ring-ref", "rx-ring-ref", "event-channel" and some more
optionnal entries, and then switch itself to "XenbusStateConnected".
This will in turn cause the backend to look at the xenstore for
the ring and event parameters and switch to XenbusStateConnected.

Here is appears that the frontend didn't switch to XenbusStateConnected,
not did it publish its ring and event parameters ... the question is why,
and I've no clues on how to debug a windows driver ...