From: Mike C. [miguelmclara%gmail.com@localhost]
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2013 12:07 PM
To: John Hayward; Manuel Bouyer
Cc: port-xen%netbsd.org@localhost
Subject: Re: Reboot on *DOM0* while/after installing GPLPV drivers

I've been working with James Harper (the gplpv drivers dev) on this, or
better... he's been doing all the work!

We are still testing but It seems that he pretty much solved the problem!

Quoting his words:
"Looking in the backend source, netbsd definitely doesn't know about or
advertise support for gso, so it's a bug in my drivers that it is
enabled when the "feature-gso-tcpv4" doesn't even exist. Should be easy
to fix."

I found a similar problem with FreeBSD-10 Domu's, seems that the PV
drivers also expect TSO/GSO features are there, but they might not be,
depending on the Dom0 support.

I wonder though, and sorry if I'm about to say something ridiculous...
but could NetBSD Xen backhend be modified to advertise this? IIRC NetBSD
supports TSO right?
I'm also not sure if this would really mean any advantage?

Anyway back to the fix in GPLPV, I guess James will put the installers
online has soon as possible.

NOTE: he also fixed the xl core-dump problem, that I reported some time
ago too, if you have any interest in that please see:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-xen/2013/12/10/msg008171.html
or
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-12/msg01414.html

Thanks