RE: Reboot on *DOM0* while/after installing GPLPV drivers

For what it is worth.
Here is some data related to my expereince.
NetBSD 5.1.2 XEN3_DOM0 - xenkernel42-4.2.3 and xentools42-4.2.3

- can eventaully get GPLPV drivers installed and working on Window32XPsp3 and
- Windows64-7 I can install without issue all except the disk and network
drivers without incident
   - Installing the disk driver - Windows crashes with IRQL(?) NOT LESS OR
EQUAL - cannot reboot
     getting the same error - can restore if restore point present to before
install of disk drivers.
   - Instlling the network drivers - system boots but failes to connect to
driver - no networking
     there was some message from xl when creating the domain complaining about

NetBSD 6.0 XEN3_DOMO or NetBSD 6.1 Xen3_DOM0 - xenkernel42-4.2.3 and
Attempting to install GPLPV disk drivers results in reboot of DOM0 - for
Windows32XPsp3, Windows64SP2 and Windows64-7.  Also if you take a working
Windows32XPsp3 on NetBSD 5.1.2 and
try to run it on NetBSD-6.1 you get the same DOM0 reboot.

There seems to be a problem which was not present in NetBSD-5.1.2 DOM0 and is
present in NetBSD-6.x DOM0 - than when the disk driver failes it causes DOM0 to

It appears that this is triggered by a IRQ which is larger than what DOM0 is
expecting and that
NetBSD-6 DOM0 will crash when this happens while NetBSD 5 does not.

The message both in the console log from a NetBSD-6 DOM0
(XEN) common.c:3640:d0 tracking VRAM f0000 - f0026
(XEN) HVM4: int13_harddisk: function 15, unmapped device for ELDL=81
(XEN) HVM4: *** int 15h function AX=e980, BX=0066 not yet supported!
And from the windows blue screen on NetBSD-5 DOM0 -- "IRQ not less or equal to
" seem to happen with the GPLPV disk driver for windows7.

Until this gets fixed it looks like one can only run GPLPV on NetBSD-5 DOM0 -
windowsXP - either 32 or 64 bit but not win7, and none of the GPLPV drivers for
win7, winxp on NetBSD 6 DOM0.