Re: NetBSD host rebooting automatically.

On Tue, 2013-09-03 at 20:19 +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 06:14:40PM +0200, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
> > On 03/09/13 18:10, Adiel de Lima Ribeiro wrote:
> > > I redirected my Host log files from console to a file, there isn't
> > > nothing different from this:
> >
> > You need a serial console if you want to capture panics, as they won't
> > be redirected to the disk (because the kernel has panicked).
>
> This is even more true if the hypervisor panicked (the hypervisor has no
> way to write to disk).
>
> if it's NetBSD which panics, please try
> sysctl -w ddb.onpanic=1
>
> this way, instead of rebooting, the system will stay at the debugger prompt
> and you can catch the panic message on screnn assuming you didn't start X11.

Thank you guys for the quick answer, I'll try these tips, but a little
different, I can attach a VGA monitor to my NetBSD server and see the
debug screen if it occurs.
But, first I'll try this configuration on my xl.conf:

## Global XL config file ##

# automatically balloon down dom0 when xen doesn't have enough free
# memory to create a domain
autoballoon=0

# full path of the lockfile used by xl during domain creation
lockfile="/var/lock/xl"

# default vif script
#vifscript="vif-bridge"

# default output format used by "xl list -l"
output_format="json"

# first block device to be used for temporary VM disk mounts
#blkdev_start="xvda"

# default option to run hotplug scripts from xl
# if disabled the old behaviour will be used, and hotplug scripts will
be
# launched by udev.
#run_hotplug_scripts=1

And finally, if I wont have success, I'll try to enable de
hotplug_scripts.
--
att,
Adiel de Lima Ribeiro