Re: NetBSD host rebooting automatically.

On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 06:14:40PM +0200, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
> On 03/09/13 18:10, Adiel de Lima Ribeiro wrote:
> > I redirected my Host log files from console to a file, there isn't
> > nothing different from this:
>
> You need a serial console if you want to capture panics, as they won't
> be redirected to the disk (because the kernel has panicked).

This is even more true if the hypervisor panicked (the hypervisor has no
way to write to disk).

if it's NetBSD which panics, please try
sysctl -w ddb.onpanic=1

this way, instead of rebooting, the system will stay at the debugger prompt
and you can catch the panic message on screnn assuming you didn't start X11.