Re: Creating linux domUs

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 12:54:38PM -0700, Jeff Rizzo wrote:
> Does anyone have any tips for creating linux domUs to run on a
> NetBSD dom0 with a xen 3.3.2 kernel?  All the various Linux-related
> Xen documentation I can find seems to assume you're setting up a new
> linux dom0, and using some script to create the install on another
> Linux machine.
>
> I've even been thwarted installing from a ubuntu .iso onto an HVM
> domU, as the installer couldn't actually mount the "CD", and the
> installation wasn't important enough to me to learn how to fix this
> particular issue.
>
> So, how about it?  Anyone else build linux domUs for use on NetBSD?  tips?

For distributions that provide Xen-enabled kernels, just boot
the kernel+install ramdisk. For example, for Scientific linux 6,
I used kernel+ramdisk from scientific/6.1/i386/os/images/xen
(wich actually is the same as scientific/6.1/i386/os/images/pxeboot,
as it seems that today's linux kernels can run as native or PV).