Re: Creating linux domUs

On 08/27/2011 12:06 PM, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 12:54:38PM -0700, Jeff Rizzo wrote:
Does anyone have any tips for creating linux domUs to run on a
NetBSD dom0 with a xen 3.3.2 kernel?  All the various Linux-related
Xen documentation I can find seems to assume you're setting up a new
linux dom0, and using some script to create the install on another
Linux machine.

I've even been thwarted installing from a ubuntu .iso onto an HVM
domU, as the installer couldn't actually mount the "CD", and the
installation wasn't important enough to me to learn how to fix this
particular issue.

So, how about it?  Anyone else build linux domUs for use on NetBSD?  tips?

For distributions that provide Xen-enabled kernels, just boot
the kernel+install ramdisk. For example, for Scientific linux 6,
I used kernel+ramdisk from scientific/6.1/i386/os/images/xen
(wich actually is the same as scientific/6.1/i386/os/images/pxeboot,
as it seems that today's linux kernels can run as native or PV).

Xen images for other distros:

Debian: http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/xen/

Ubuntu: http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/natty/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/xen/

Cheers.