Re: Creating linux domUs

On 26.08.2011 21:54, Jeff Rizzo wrote:
> Does anyone have any tips for creating linux domUs to run on a NetBSD
> dom0 with a xen 3.3.2 kernel?  All the various Linux-related Xen
> documentation I can find seems to assume you're setting up a new linux
> dom0, and using some script to create the install on another Linux machine.
>
> I've even been thwarted installing from a ubuntu .iso onto an HVM domU,
> as the installer couldn't actually mount the "CD", and the installation
> wasn't important enough to me to learn how to fix this particular issue.
>
> So, how about it?  Anyone else build linux domUs for use on NetBSD?  tips?

For HVM, just use any ISO and do as explained in the example. See
"/usr/pkg/share/examples/xen/hvm".

For PV, it's somewhat more problematic when the distribution does not
generate images with a kernel supporting PV mode. Might change in the
future now that vanilla Linux has support for Xen.

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost