Re: Enabling balloon(4) in Xen dom0/domU kernels?

On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 00:49:44 +0100, Hugo Silva <hugo%barafranca.com@localhost> wrote:
Do you have ddb.onpanic set to 1?

No, and the machine is some 300km away. Altough I visit from time to
time, won't be near it again for about a month.

Fair enough :)

[snip]
The logs have been rotated in the mean time, I remember seeing messages
from UVM and perhaps something about targets and numbers changing;
eventually the dom0 would reboot.

But this was probably with the old code.

I'll assume we're dealing with two different issues here then: dom0
rebooting with ballooning enabled (gotta make sure it was with the old
code, becomes irrelevant then) and 5.1 domUs hanging with 100% CPU,
apparently something to do with low memory and swap on cgd.

I have simplified the locking a bit in the new code. Most of Cherry's logic remains below though, except that pages are tracked via pool_cache allocations rather than smaller pieces of kmem_alloc().

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost