Re: Xen3.3 domu kernel?

>> [...] running NetBSD/i386 or NetBSD/amd64 in an HVM domU?
> [Not an option.]
> Why do you suggest using HVM?

Because it occurred to me as a possible way to decouple Xen versions
from domU software, and a mismatch there appeared to be at least part
of your problem.

> Do you think this the better approach for running NetBSD domUs?  And
> if yes - why so?

Not necessarily.  I don't know all that much about xen.  I do know that
HVM pays a performance cost, which I've heard can border on crippling
for some workloads - but I also think it decouples the dom0 version
from the domU version to a substantially greater extent than regular
xen does.  And, if what you're doing wasn't bothered by the performance
cost, it seemed possible it might help.

I've seen people who know a lot more about xen than I do chime in; you
probably should pay more attention to them.

\ / Ribbon Campaign