Re: Xen3.3 domu kernel?

 Am 12.10.10 22:39, schrieb der Mouse:
I am searching for a possibility to run a NetBSD domU on Linux,
especially on a 3.4.3 hypervisor, if possible.
Depending on why you care, this might or might not be an option, but
since you don't mention it it might be worth suggesting: have you
considered running NetBSD/i386 or NetBSD/amd64 in an HVM domU?
Not in this step. A lot of my NetBSD virtual machines are intended to run low impact infrastructure jobs and will not be positioned on HVM capable hardware.

I had them running on Debian Xen 3.2 dom0s but have not reached the level of stability I aim at. So I am testing with Xen 3.4.3 on CentOS, but now the loader claims the NetBSD Xen kernel to be wrong.

Why do you suggest using HVM? Do you think this the better approach for running NetBSD domUs? And if yes - why so?

Thanks for your input.

Dirk