Re: Two DOMU's hang on amd64 NetBSD 5.0_STABLE (XEN3_DOM0)

On Mon, 10 May 2010 09:00:20 +0900, Makoto Fujiwara <makoto%ki.nu@localhost>
wrote:
> (2) disk or file
> I have converted the second DOMU to file,
> --------------
> #ernel  = "/export/xen/kernel/head/netbsd-XEN3PAE_DOMU.gz"
> kernel  = "/export/xen/kernel/head/netbsd-INSTALL_XEN3PAE_DOMU.gz"
> pae     = 1
> memory  = 512
> name    = "netbsd-HEAD"
> #isk    = [     'phy:/dev/wd1g,0x1,w']
> disk    = [     'file:/disk-1g/diskg-emul-2G,0x1,w' ]
> vif     = [ 'mac=00:16:3e:02:00:37,bridge=bridge0' ]
> root    = "xbd0"
> --------------
> but this does not seem to resolve the problem.
>
> (3) block access or raw manipulation:
> It seems to me at-least raw access has a problem.
> When sysinst starts newfs, it definitely hung.
>
> (4) Is really disk access ?
> The guess that disk access is the problem, may not be true.
>
> The INSTALL (memory disk) kernel DOMU first started.
> And getting shell, then ready to check if dd access affects or
> not, say type:
>    dd if=/dev/rxbd0a of=/dev/null count=4
> (not type 'Return' at the moment),
>
> And the second DOMU, which is 5.99.27, is xm created.
> I don't remember exactly, but not so far after 'xm create' typed,
> It hungs. It is on amd64 Xorg Window, and everything freezes.
> Screen stays visible, but mouse doesn't respond.
> I did not memorize the screen, sorry.

Hmm, if you use Xorg, you will not see if a panic() happens behind (unless
you have a serial connected to the machine). Is it possible for you to test
again, this time from console?

See if you suspicious behaviour (very high rates for xbd*) for
interrupts/event channels before and after launching domUs ($ vmstat -i).

I think that it is not xbd/xennet related; start a few domU without any
xbd/xennet attached to it (use INSTALL kernels to boot for example), and
report vmstat -i output.

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost