Re: Two DOMU's hang on amd64 NetBSD 5.0_STABLE (XEN3_DOM0)

On 09.05.2010 05:44, Makoto Fujiwara wrote:
| modena@makoto 12:32:46/100509(~)% pkg_info|grep xen
| xentools33-3.3.2nb2 Userland Tools for Xen 3.3.x
| xenkernel33-3.3.2   Xen 3.3.2 Kernel

And both (1) i386/5.0_STABLE and (2) i386/5.99.27 DOMU are running fine
when only one of those two is 'xm create'd.
But at the time when disk access on either side, all the
activity locks. DOM0 hangs. I needed power cycle to get DOM0 get
back.

When I say disk access, for example, meaning when one is running,
INSTALLer kernel starts fine on the other side. But once sysinst
needs writing to xbd0, everythings locks. (sometimes before that ?)
[snip]
So, There should be something wrong on my setup on amd64 or,
some problem on amd64/xen.

Does anybody know what is wrong ?
Thanks for advices, in advance,

Suggestions, as I can't reproduce it:
- when dom0 hangs, can you still break into ddb?
- does it happen when the second domU tries to write data when xbd0 is mounted, or does it happen also when trying to access (r)xbd0 through newfs/disklabel/fdisk? - would be interesting to test if you can reproduce it when using file images instead of partitions.

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost