Re: Call for testing: Xen 4.0

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 9:05 AM, Toby Karyadi <toby.karyadi%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
On 4/12/2010, "Martin Husemann" <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:

>On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 03:39:36PM -0500, Dustin Marquess wrote:
>> 3) Fix the sed invocation to make it core NetBSD sed friendly.  This seems
>> like the right solution, but beyond my sed knowledge.  Any takers?
>
>I think
>
>   sed -E -n 's,^\#define[[:space:]]+BOOT_TRAMPOLINE[[:space:]]+,,p'
>
>should work.
>
>Martin

I have a fix for the regexp that would work on both bsd and gnu sed
without any new flags. Which is:

sed -n
's,^\#define[[:space:]]\{1\,\}BOOT_TRAMPOLINE[[:space:]]\{1\,\},,p'

The only difference with the original version is that the '+' qualifier
is replaced with '\{1\,\}'.

Basically, bsd bre (basic re) does not support the '+' qualifier to
indicate 1 or more, while gnu sed does. Additionally, to use the
extended re, bsd sed uses the -E flag while gnu sed uses -r. Geez.

Attached is a patch for the change above, which can be applied in the top
level xen dir (see Christoph's instruction on applying his
xen40_netbsd_workaround.diff in this email thread). If someone would be
kind enough to pass it up to the xen people, that would be great.

I've also successfully gmaked the dist-tools from source. The only snag
that I encountered was because I have xen-tools33 pkg installed on the
build machine, which contains the old xen headers. Once I moved the
following items under /usr/pkg/include:
xen/        xenctrl.h   xenguest.h  xs.h        xs_lib.h
to a subdir, dist-tools compiled just fine.

I don't have time yet to try it, but maybe someone else will get a
chance before I do :-). We'll see what bombs.

Toby

Awesome!

That explains why I had problems with the tools, as I also had xentools33 installed.

-Dustin