Re: A bunch of questions about getting a working NetBSD/xen system

On Wed, 3 Feb 2010, Stephen Borrill wrote:
I've thought about running a Linux DOM0 and NetBSD DOMUs, but
mainstream Linux seems to be abandoning Xen, so I'd have to run a back
release.

Wow, that's interesting.  Does that imply that mainstream Xen is looking
more at NetBSD, or is it just that "distros" no longer have Xen support?
What does this mean for the future of Xen?

'Mainstream Xen' is a slightly confusing term when it's owned by Citrix.
XenServer (their commercial version, though the entry version is free) supports all the major Linux distros. These are run as HVM guests IIRC, but kernels with PV drivers are included.

Citrix are currently recruiting for people to work on their dom0 and domU Linux kernels:

http://groups.google.com/group/cam.misc/browse_frm/thread/8a98370527e795ad#

"The successful candidate will be expected to work on the Domain 0 and guest kernels, the hypervisor, and the emulated device model. Responsibilities include [...] representing Citrix and the Ring 0/1 team on Open Source mailing lists. "

--
Stephen