Re: NetBSD vs Linux

Sarton O'Brien wrote:

> I've temporarily put the configs, kernel+initrd and the entire
> unmodified but updated filesystem which includes the kernels (tarred
> and bzipped) at http://r4r.roguewrt.org
>
> Sarton

I've followed your instructions, but I still get errors.

1) I've downloaded vmlinuz + initrd.gz from
http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/images/daily/netboot/xen/

2) I changed debianinstall.cfg (see http://xen.pastebin.com/m43e5e1df)
    I just defined some variables (xm_vars.env['install-kernel'] and
xm_vars.env['install-ramdisk']) pointing to local files and removed the
"fetching" part

3) I ran "xm create debianinstall.cfg -c install=true
install-mirror=http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian"; and got:

    Using config file "./debianinstall.cfg".
    Install Mirror: http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian
    Install Suite: lenny
    Installer:
http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/dists/lenny/main/installer-i386/current/images

    WARNING: Installer kernel and ramdisk are not authenticated.

    command line is "debian-installer/exit/always_halt=true -- quiet
console=hvc0"
    *Error: Boot loader didn't return any data!*

Downloaded files are:
------------------------
[root@BlackTiny:~vdorneanu/Work/Xen]$ file initrd.gz
initrd.gz: gzip compressed data, was "initrd", from Unix, last modified:
Wed Oct 28 17:03:39 2009, max compression
[root@BlackTiny:~vdorneanu/Work/Xen]$ file vmlinuz
vmlinuz: Linux kernel x86 boot executable RO-rootFS, swap_dev 0x1,
Normal VGA

I'm running NetBSD 5.0_STABLE / amd64 + xentools3/xenkernel3. What am I
doing wrong?

--
Victor Dorneanu