Re: current dom0 panic on domu launch

On 26/10/2009 12:57 AM, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 09:50:45PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
Can you see in xenbackendd.log if xenbackendd detects the new device and
call the scripts ? And also if xenbackendd calls the script when a
domU is shutdown, to release the devices ?

I can't reproduce this issue on my system. There may be a race somewhere
which cause a device destroy event to be missed, or a condition in
a backend driver which cause it to fail to detach.

Ok, I've been able to reproduce this. This is related to the new
flush-cache support in xbd backend. A fix has been commited to HEAD,
I'll request a pullup to netbsd-5 soon. The fix is attached.

Ah, so I'm not crazy :)

Love your work. Thanks Manuel.

Sarton