Re: I/O errors in Linux domUs

> While ls would show me an image of 1GB, du only gives me about 250MB.
> I'll have to make a copy that isn't sparse on a Linux system
> somewhere, I suppose.

It's fairly easy to de-sparse a file with dd:

dd conv=notrunc if=the-file of=the-file bs=some-size

I usually use bs=1048576, but that's noncritical - you don't want it
too small or you waste time crossing the user/kernel boundary; you
don't want it too large or you need lots of buffer RAM.  (Of course, if
you have way more RAM than the file's size, go ahead and crank it up. :)

\ / Ribbon Campaign