Re: more UDP packet loss?

On 4/07/2009 2:49 AM, Urban Boquist wrote:
Jean-Yves Migeon writes:

Jean-Yves>  Urban Boquist wrote:
Every time I start a domU I see lost DHCP replies and lots of NFS
retransmits.

I think I found the cause of this. It is caused by the Spanning Tree
protocol on the physical interface in the bridge.

Ugh! This has been an issue since xen was incorporated and was the source of many a mail well over a year ago, not that I can actually find any of said mails (I think they were all mine anyway ;).

From memory (and mine isn't the best), whenever a new interface was added it was like the bridge reset and I think it effected all attached interfaces for a short period. It may be part of a relearning process? Either way, don't use the stp option unless it's required :)

Sarton