Re: more UDP packet loss?

Urban Boquist wrote:
I think I found the cause of this. It is caused by the Spanning Tree
protocol on the physical interface in the bridge.

This was my /etc/ifconfig.bridge0:

create
!brconfig $int add wm0 stp wm0 up

if I remove "stp wm0" I don't see the lost DHCP packets during boot.
>[snip]
Is the intention really that the delay should happen for _every_
interface that is added to the bridge, even if STP is only enabled on
one of the interfaces in the bridge?

I am not familiar with STP.

IMHO, this delay is necessary for each device you add to the bridge, as it has no way to know that you are not creating a loop with wm0 with the newly created device, even if STP is not enabled for this one.

You should ask this on tech-net@; you will get a better answer.

Cheers,

--
Jean-Yves Migeon