Re: bnx driver in 5.99.7 panics under xen 3.3.1

Mike Bowie wrote:
> Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>>>>
>>> "ioapic0 pin 11" is catching about 114000 interrupts every two or three
>>> seconds.
>>>
>>> # dmesg | grep ioapic0
>>> [...]
>>> svwsata0: using ioapic0 pin 11, event channel 3 for native-PCI interrupt
>>> ohci0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 11, event channel 3
>>> ohci1: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 11, event channel 3
>>> ehci0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 11, event channel 3
>> You could try disabling ehci (add -c to the netbsd boot command line,
>> and 'disable ehci'). I guess the keyboard is at ohci so disabling
>> ohci will be problematic. If you're not using USB devices at all disable
>> ohci too.
>> I guess your drives are on the svwsata0 ? If not you can try disabling
>> it as well.
>>

> Magnifique!  Booting with ohci disabled is so far giving a usable
> result.  Thankfully this system is a 100% serial terminal, so USB is of
> no value to me anyway.
>
> I'm going to build a fresh kernel, tune the memory a bit in boot.cfg and
> run some stress tests in a couple of domU's.
>
> My sincerest thanks!
>
> Mike.

Just to close this up... the box has been up for a couple of days now
and has so far proven stable with four highly active domU's (building
release and multiple packages from pkgsrc) and a good volume of network
and disk activity on dom0.  So far so good.

To summarize the final setup:
 * ACPI disabled for Xen by adding "acpi=off" to it's entry in /boot.cfg
 * ACPI disabled for dom0 by building a kernel excluding it
 * Xen's RAM access restricted by limiting it's RAM with mem=3072MB
 * dom0's ohci support removed by excluding such devices from the kernel

The active entry in /boot.cfg is:
menu=Boot NetBSD dom0 (serial):load /netbsd-XEN3_DOM0_PE2970
console=com1;multiboot /usr/pkg/xen3-kernel/xen.gz acpi=off mem=3072M
dom0_mem=256M console=com2 com2=9600,8n1

Thanks again for all the input, very pleased to have this system online!

Cheers,

Mike.