Re: bnx driver in 5.99.7 panics under xen 3.3.1

On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 12:16:04PM -0800, Mike Bowie wrote:
> > it looks like an interrupt storm. you may want to try playing with the
> > acpi options ...
> >

> Sadly, my hacking over the weekend has not proven all that successful.
> Adding "acpi=off" and a dom0 kernel without ACPI has allowed dom0 to
> boot, but not reliably.  It does appear to be an interrupt storm, but I
> don't know what more I can do to calm it.
>
> When the machine *does* boot, I'm unable to login on the serial console,
> as just entering a username will grind the machine to a halt.  If I
> login via ssh, top shows interrupts constantly between 7% and 15% and
> the machine's responsiveness is sluggish to say the least.

What does 'systat vm' show ? This would probably show you which interrupt
is generating the load.
You can also try entering the debugger with +++++
and type 'show events' from the db> prompt.

> Xen's inability to reboot this box makes it a bit of a dog to
> troubleshoot too; it would probably be easier if it was local rather
> than at the co-lo.  Each crash requires that I reset the remote DRAC
> card (because the interrupt storms seem to disable it's com port) wait
> for it to come back up and issue a hard reset before returning to a
> plain NetBSD kernel.

Would
^A^A^AR (or ^A^A^Ar)
work to reboot from xen ? ^A^A^A switches console input to Xen, and
R (or r, I never remember) ask xen to reboot hard.