Re: bnx driver in 5.99.7 panics under xen 3.3.1

Mike Bowie wrote:

I remember having strange issues with a 4GB ram dell 2950 and xen (3.1.x/i386).
The dom0 kernel would segfault unless I reduce the amount of ram seen by
the xen kernel using mem=3072M on the xen.gz boot line (xen.gz did see
something like 3200M as it's a 32bit kernel).
A supermicro server also with 4GB ram didn't have troubles with the same
xen and dom0 kernels.
It would appear that adding the mem restriction to Xen did the trick.  I

I had similar problems with our Dell PowerEdge 860 with 4 GB RAM. That "fix" really SHOULD be documented in our howto (http://www.netbsd.org/ports/xen/howto.html)...

Martti