Re: MI Xen drivers

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 06:20:17PM +0100, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:
> Correct, hypervisor.h is not included for Xen < 3. Guess that it breaks
> the XEN2 builds ( :( ). I can wait for XEN2 retirement, there is no
> hurry in such a patch.

it's better to get it in while it apply cleanly; especially if the fix is
only 3 lines :)

> BTW, isn't xen-public headers those used by XenSource?

Yes

> Should I really
> modify this one instead of xen/include/xen.h?

xen/include/xen.h is used for both xen2 and xen3, so you'd have to use
#ifdef there. In addition I don't expect to have to import new Xen2 headers :)

> New proposal, XEN2/3_DOM0 builds fine with it:

please also test _DOMU, not all code is inclued in DOM0 (especially not the
frontends)

> http://www.netbsd.org/~jym/MI-Xen-drivers.diff

I'm not sure why you don't get duplicate define warnings on Xen3 with
the #define in include/xen.h ...

Manuel.Bouyer%lip6.fr@localhost