MI Xen drivers (was: Re: [patch] x86_*fence replaced by membar_ops(3))

Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 03:13:59PM +0100, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:
What should I do? Drop it for the x86 generic bus code, and keep it for the Xen drivers?
No, membar_ops won't work for bus_dma/bus_space either. membar_ops are patched to be NOP on UP kernels, still they're needed for interfaces with devices.
Hmm, I was not really clear on that one: I just meant to keep the membar_ops(3) routines for the xennet, xbd and xencons drivers: since we do not patch the LOCK prefix for UP Xen domains, they are close to the x86_*fence() ones.

Actually yes; but we'll probably want to use x86_patch() in the future.

Second attempt, this time for Xen code only, using xen_*mb() macros (the same than those used in the different ring-I/O APIs from Xen).

http://www.netbsd.org/~jym/MI-Xen-drivers.diff

Next step is to abstract the p2m routines. As most of them already use pmap(9), work is almost done (thanks Manuel). A few exceptions like direct use of the xpmap_phys_to_machine_mapping[] remain, I will have a look at how P2M is handled on other archs (ia64 comes to mind).

Please review.

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost