Re: swap file for linux stopped working: mail #2

On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 10:33:47AM +0200, Marcin M. Jessa wrote:
> For some reason swap is sda and / is hda.
> Changing root='' option in the domU's config file does not seem to have
> any impact...
>

> /dev/hda1       /       ext3    errors=remount-ro       0       1
> /dev/sda2       none    swap    sw                      0       0

I suspect something changed in the linux kernel and this type of configuration
is not well supported any more. I've been using plain devices (i.e
/dev/hda or /dev/sda) for my linux domUs with success (/dev/hda being
partitionned by the linux installer anyway), and I think it's the most
used configuration.