Xen-3.3 build help

I'm trying to build xen-3.3 on a new box which I am trying to use amd64 to
be able to use memory beond 3.5MB.

Here is what I've done:
o installed distribution NetBSD-4.0/amd
o build a generic current kernel (so I could build xentools3.3)
   (needed to rebuild config)
o booted the new kernel
o attempted to build /usr/pkgsrc/sysutils/xentools33
   (needed to build bash aside from dependencies)

I am getting an messages:
  LFS_LDFLAGS: unknown variable
  LFS_CFLAGS: unknown variable

I am getting error on:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open linker script file ldscripts/elf_i386.xr: No such file or directory
gmake[9] *** [tcgbiosext.o] Error 1

Do xentools33 need to be built on an i386 enviornment and then installed on the amd64 enviornment or is there something else I should be doing to
build xentools33 on amd64 platform?

johnh...