Re: Xen 3.3 and supported xm commands

Stephen Borrill wrote:
Hi, I'd like to know which of the xm subcommands are supported by
-current amd64 running Xen 3.3. For instance, console, create, list, info, top, destroy, shutdown, etc. are supported, but migrate is not.

I tried "xm save win2k3 /xen/winw2k3.save" which seemed to work, but I could not restore it with "xm restore /xen/winw2k3.save" as I got the error "Error: invalid device model signature read". For reasons like this, it would be nice to know about commands which are known not to work.

As far as I can tell, for Xen 3.1 (3.3 should not differ much - I can't test it, due to missing PAE support in dom0):

- for a netbsd dom0:

mem-set/mem-max: not supported (no balloon driver in netbsd yet)
save/restore/migrate: should work with a very -current kernel, provided domU supports it
vcpu-*: not supported (no SMP support in port-xen)
ACPI: not supported

- for HVM domU:

I do not know precisely, YMMV: depends on qemu-dm code, and how the virtualized OS behaves.

for netbsd PV domU:

mem-set/mem-max: does not work (missing balloon)
save/restore/migrate: working on it, it is not in tree. Experimental, works somehow.
SMP: not supported.

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jean-yves.migeon%espci.fr@localhost