Re: attempting to disable acpi in kernel

well, in the past I have had random inexplicable problems solved by
disabling acpi.
In this case it's vnc. On a prior amd64 machine (laptop), with an
older -current, vnc worked fine. Now, it doesn't.
I've tried my best (including trying to get some help from port-xen).
I just want it to be disabled as a way to rule out that it is, or is
not the problem.