Re: Xen and Windows 2003 HVM

At 12:29 Uhr +0200 27.06.2008, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
Looks quite similar. I wonder if the error about vncpasswd in your
case can't cause it to switch to some other kind of output ...

Also note that I almost never connect to the vnc console; I use rdesktop.

I don't use vnc, I am using rdesktop like you. I have twiddled the vnc options in the meantime (is there a complete, up-to-date list of DomU config file options available, preferably with options? The best I came across is at <http://opensolaris.org/os/community/xen/docs/HVMdomains.htm>), but without getting rid of the "vnc passwd" message.

I kind of found the reason for HVM verbosity in the meantime, though: I had started the HVM DomU from an xterm after unsetting DISPLAY, because of the annoyingly slow console that comes up otherwise. Turns out when I let the windows DomU have its console, it logs half a KByte only. Do you know of any way to get rid of the console window without terminating the DomU?

        hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281