Re: ERROR Internal error: Could not lock memory for version hypercall (35 = Resource temporarily unavailabl)

On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 12:29:29PM -0400, matthew sporleder wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 11:54 AM, Manuel Bouyer
> <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 01, 2008 at 08:08:12PM -0400, matthew sporleder wrote:
> >> Hi, I'm installed xen3 on current (4.99.63) and am getting the
> >> following error when I try to start xend:
> >>
> >> Xend started at Mon Jun  2 00:29:23 2008.
> >> ERROR Internal error: Could not lock memory for version hypercall (35
> >> = Resource temporarily unavailabl)
> >> Exception starting xend: (1, 'Internal error', 'Could not lock memory
> >> for version hypercall (35 = Resource temporarily unavailabl)')
> >>

> >> Has anyone seen this before?
> >
> > How much ram did you give to your dom0 ?
> >

> 64m (copied from the faq/howto).  I would actually like to give less
> if it's possible.

I'd try with more ram, first. I guess you have enough swap, but the xen tools
like to mlock some memory to make sure it won't be paged out, and of course
swap won't help much in this case.

Manuel.Bouyer%lip6.fr@localhost