Re: Xen Howto (was: init receiving SIGILL on XEN3_DOM0/amd64)

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 06:25:14PM +0100, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 05:13:56PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > > Would anybody object if I correct that part of the HOWTO?
> >
> > Yes, bootdev is right, and root= should also work. Using rootdev in
> > place of bootdev is equivalent to not specyfing the boot
> > device at all.
>
> So what should I boot in the example?
>
> 1.) bootdev=/dev/wd0a

This should work. if it doesn't there's a bug somewhere.
FWIW, bootdev=/dev/wd0a works for me ...

> 2.) rootdev=/dev/wd0a

rootdev= isn't parsed by the NetBSD kernel. what is parsed is bootdev=,
with root= as an alias (for linux compat).

> 3.) bootdev=
> 4.) rootdev=
> 5.) Neither "rootdev" nor "bootdev"?

If you have a single disk, you don't need to specify it on the command
line (that's why rootdev=wd0a works for you, as it's equivalent to "").