Re: Xen Howto (was: init receiving SIGILL on XEN3_DOM0/amd64)

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 08:14:05PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > So what should I boot in the example?
> >
> > 1.) bootdev=/dev/wd0a
>
> This should work. if it doesn't there's a bug somewhere.
> FWIW, bootdev=/dev/wd0a works for me ...

It didn't work for me. I copied that line from the example and the
kernel asked for the root disk which lead to the problem with
"init" crashing that James Laird initially repported.

> > 2.) rootdev=/dev/wd0a
>
> rootdev= isn't parsed by the NetBSD kernel. what is parsed is bootdev=,
> with root= as an alias (for linux compat).

I see.

> > 3.) bootdev=
> > 4.) rootdev=
> > 5.) Neither "rootdev" nor "bootdev"?
>
> If you have a single disk, you don't need to specify it on the command
> line (that's why rootdev=wd0a works for you, as it's equivalent to "").

I see.

So if I understood correctly the documentation is correct but there
is a bug somewhere.

        Kind regards