Re: dom0 kernel immediate reboot?

On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 09:45:39PM +1000, bsd-xen%roguewrt.org@localhost wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 05:23:40PM +1000, Daniel Carosone wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 05:13:40PM +1000, Sarton O'Brien wrote:
> >
> > Maybe one of those bios/LBA-mode-X disk/partition size limits; I
> > always use a small root or boot fs so I wouldn't hit this if it were
> > so.
>
> I'd say this is probably half my problem. I normally have a small root
> partition but of late have got out of the habit. With xen, I've not
> bothered at all but as I said above, pretty sure it was working with
> a stock install at the beginning and I haven't altered the disk layout.
>
> I might have a look at the original xen3 kernel, check the size and see
> if it has the same limitation booting. It's not a problem for me at all
> but it might be worth knowing why so it can be documented.

I just realised my layout for xen was pretty sane. I was thinking of
my domus ... which I tend to be pretty lax with.

I'm guessing the main issue is that I'm trying to boot from the usr mount.

That might sound strange but it used to do it ... and still does it, just
with an decompressed kernel.

I'm happy ... it's a scripted routine that causes me no grief. Interesting
though that grub had no problem once.

Sarton